Thank - You - Canada

We are seven days into August, the 'hottest' month of the year, and we are enjoying (a/c-free) open-windows air breezing and cooling the house on a Saturday morning. This cold front is a rare treat. A sweet reminder that autumn is just around the corner. An invitation to get outside now and be comfortable. To sit outside, draw in a sketchbook, and do this without sweat drops dripping off your forehead and into eyes while trying blurry-eyed to see where the pen is going on the paper.
The cool air mass from Canada is here for a short time so today we are going to get out and savour it.

Last night J went to the bookstore and when he returned he brought me The Grapes of Wrath, which is a book I have never read. . I stayed up until 3 am reading the first 7 chapters. Took me a while because the reading glasses I had were busted and kept falling off my nose. But I just kept reading anyway. The descriptions are addictive, telling us of rain-crusted dust, and how to dress a rabbit by pulling its skin off like a stocking, and of a used car lot in the 1930's that doesn't sound so different than a typical used car lot today.

Comments

Popular Posts