I really hate that word, "busy,"
but it seems to be the appropriate word for my current state.
It's been one of those weeks that I am really glad is over, but it doesn't really feel like it's over yet.
School is in full swing for the boys, this was their first week back. We are still adjusting to the get up on time and get to bed at a decent hour. We've had to adjust to the after work and school routine again, getting homework done, cooking something for dinner, getting showered and in bed on time. I can't say we practice that routine very well, yet.
At work this week I did a lot of irregular work. That is, I worked on things not normally a part of my routine. It was fun, mostly. Got to wear shorts to work, got to spend time outside the office, part of the time outside in the sun. Then all this 'regular' work kinda piled up. Since I have to pick up my children from school by a certain time, it's not like I can work late. Not that I'd want to.
The great thing is that it's Friday night and that is always a sweet little treat at the end of the workweek for anyone who has a M-F job, even if I had about tenmillion things left that I needed to do.
Hmmm.
One of Z's friends is spending the night tonight. The boys' room is covered, every square centimeter, with toys: cars, Legos, trading cards, imaginext parts, action guys, sleeping bags, pillows, stuffed animals of every kind, game cartridges... right now they are completely absorbed in make-believe, their world is in their right now and they are nowhere near the four walls that surround them underneath the ceiling of the room that has a sea of toys for a floor.
Random quotes I am hearing from their room right now as I type this:
"Dude! This level is so easy!"
"Look what - get it! Hey what's this?"
"Watch. Watch. Watch, this guy is going ptgchuuuui!"
"Hahahaha! You got a dragon captain dog."
"Hahahaha! I bet you would like that! Haha!"
"It's all over the - guts! Hahahaha!"
"I have a two-headed one - look his neck stretches!"
"Hahahaha!"
"Watch me beat this guy again, it's gonna be sweet."
"Mom, can I have carrot? I'll shave it."
"Can we have ice cream?"
"Owwww! I just stepped on that lid."
----
My desk is covered with video stuff. I've been trying to make more videos from our vacation... that takes a lot of time. The hardest thing is trying to find good music for the videos. I can think of a tune, for example, and I don't have a clue to what the name of the song might be. Like now, I am hearing this whistling tune, (no, it's not the Andy Griffith show tune,) and how does a person search a song without lyrics?
Ãsch. It's time to get the sketch journal out and quit this hacking around. There are only so many hours in a busy day, and it's a shame if at least one isn't spent drawing.
------
Oh, one more thing. I am writing my 100 things list. When I read about this List of 100 Things I Want To Do In the Next Year (on Susanne's homepage,) I was smitten. And I can tell you right now my list will have a two-year plan, mainly because one of the things on the list will be something I plan to do when I am forty. Which is in two years.
------
Here's a short list, now, of topics I want to write about in my blog, but I don't have time to , because I am so busy.
It's been one of those weeks that I am really glad is over, but it doesn't really feel like it's over yet.
School is in full swing for the boys, this was their first week back. We are still adjusting to the get up on time and get to bed at a decent hour. We've had to adjust to the after work and school routine again, getting homework done, cooking something for dinner, getting showered and in bed on time. I can't say we practice that routine very well, yet.
At work this week I did a lot of irregular work. That is, I worked on things not normally a part of my routine. It was fun, mostly. Got to wear shorts to work, got to spend time outside the office, part of the time outside in the sun. Then all this 'regular' work kinda piled up. Since I have to pick up my children from school by a certain time, it's not like I can work late. Not that I'd want to.
The great thing is that it's Friday night and that is always a sweet little treat at the end of the workweek for anyone who has a M-F job, even if I had about tenmillion things left that I needed to do.
Hmmm.
One of Z's friends is spending the night tonight. The boys' room is covered, every square centimeter, with toys: cars, Legos, trading cards, imaginext parts, action guys, sleeping bags, pillows, stuffed animals of every kind, game cartridges... right now they are completely absorbed in make-believe, their world is in their right now and they are nowhere near the four walls that surround them underneath the ceiling of the room that has a sea of toys for a floor.
Random quotes I am hearing from their room right now as I type this:
"Dude! This level is so easy!"
"Look what - get it! Hey what's this?"
"Watch. Watch. Watch, this guy is going ptgchuuuui!"
"Hahahaha! You got a dragon captain dog."
"Hahahaha! I bet you would like that! Haha!"
"It's all over the - guts! Hahahaha!"
"I have a two-headed one - look his neck stretches!"
"Hahahaha!"
"Watch me beat this guy again, it's gonna be sweet."
"Mom, can I have carrot? I'll shave it."
"Can we have ice cream?"
"Owwww! I just stepped on that lid."
----
My desk is covered with video stuff. I've been trying to make more videos from our vacation... that takes a lot of time. The hardest thing is trying to find good music for the videos. I can think of a tune, for example, and I don't have a clue to what the name of the song might be. Like now, I am hearing this whistling tune, (no, it's not the Andy Griffith show tune,) and how does a person search a song without lyrics?
Ãsch. It's time to get the sketch journal out and quit this hacking around. There are only so many hours in a busy day, and it's a shame if at least one isn't spent drawing.
------
Oh, one more thing. I am writing my 100 things list. When I read about this List of 100 Things I Want To Do In the Next Year (on Susanne's homepage,) I was smitten. And I can tell you right now my list will have a two-year plan, mainly because one of the things on the list will be something I plan to do when I am forty. Which is in two years.
------
Here's a short list, now, of topics I want to write about in my blog, but I don't have time to , because I am so busy.
- The upcoming 5x5 exhibit/art show
- How 8cm DVD's are retarded
- My yoga routine
- All the green things I own because apparently green is my favorite color
- Coffee is overrated
- The new bike trails being built in our town (yay!)
- The mysterious new neighbors (a young couple that looks like Barbie and Ken) across the street
- Haven't watched TV in a very long time, don't even know what's on the news
- IKEA in Texas, oh, the joy
- Kindred people
Comments