Four Hours Later
This evening, after a day of mega cleaning (again, and it's not over yet) we set up one of W's new Risk games on the kitchen table. It took an hour to take all the pieces out of the cardboard, set the game up on the table, and read the rules.
The Risk game version we played is called God Storm, and it has more pieces than 'normal' Risk.
Though the game is fairly advanced Z played along, and suprised us a couple of times when he staged sneak attacks on heavily fortified armies already occupying entire continents. Just like that, with the throw of the dice, supposedly strong armies were creamed by the optimistic and fearless invader. He was less thrilled when the same thing happened to him a few turns later, and his wee almostsix year old heart was torn to pieces as he cried on my shoulder because he only had one army in each of the only five countries he controlled.
When the game was over four hours later it was nearly midnight.
I sure hope the boys sleep in in the morning.
-----
I am trying to figure out what I need to do, maybe install something, to start updating the homepage using the mac. I don't want anything fancy, just a basic program since I don't code very quickly. Hmmm.
The Risk game version we played is called God Storm, and it has more pieces than 'normal' Risk.
Though the game is fairly advanced Z played along, and suprised us a couple of times when he staged sneak attacks on heavily fortified armies already occupying entire continents. Just like that, with the throw of the dice, supposedly strong armies were creamed by the optimistic and fearless invader. He was less thrilled when the same thing happened to him a few turns later, and his wee almostsix year old heart was torn to pieces as he cried on my shoulder because he only had one army in each of the only five countries he controlled.
When the game was over four hours later it was nearly midnight.
I sure hope the boys sleep in in the morning.
-----
I am trying to figure out what I need to do, maybe install something, to start updating the homepage using the mac. I don't want anything fancy, just a basic program since I don't code very quickly. Hmmm.
Comments