A Pirate Party, a Wedding, and a Day In the Woods

We started the weekend off with a Pirate Party for my son who just turned 6. There was a Pirate Ship shaped cake, a Treasure Hunt in the backyard, a Fishing game, and blindfolded Pin-The-X-On-The-Treasure Chest game, and there were eye patches, and booty bags, and pirate peg legs (stick pretzels) and Piranha snacks (goldfish crackers) and there was coffee for the grown ups.

The boys were full with energy and spirit and the sun was shining for the first time in a week and it was warm enough to not need a jacket.

Right after the party I headed over to help Joe and Melissa take pictures at a wedding. My job was to be the 'roamer' and it's the best job if you ask me. Getting paid a little cash for walking around (roaming) and taking pictures of the little details and the guests - I'll do that every now and then, sure!
The bride and groom during the first dance.
This is actually a picture that "didn't turn out" in that my flash didn't fire.
The light was very very low and the picture is extremely underexposed, very 'red.' You can see Joe in the background getting ready to shoot, his flash metering light on.

------Sunday-------

I still had Joe's 100 mm so I borrowed to experiment a bit when we went
out the next day to the woods. The 100 mm is a great lens,
but it is quite expensive...


Here is W sitting under a rock overhang contemplating life, enjoying
the warm rays of the sun. This one is taken with the Olympus.
The green of the moss against the red color of the cave is striking.
It looks better in a larger format...


There has been a lot of logging in this National Forest since W
took office. Rediculously too much logging.


Yet the little pine tree babies manage to grow and hopefully thrive.


Pine seedling.


The boys trying to catch tadpoles and minnows.


The sun was warm, but it was cool in the shade. A cup of hot
tea to hit the spot. Hot water from home - carried in the new thermos
J gave me for Christmas!


Mmmm. Hot cocoa.


Yeah, You know, you gotta be cool when you are leaning
on the tail gate of the truck drinking a cup of hot cocoa!


Later in the evening and the boys are settled in bed I catch up on some surfing.
Hos
Annelito ser jag att hon fick typ samma sort termos av hennes älskling som jag fick av min!



PS: I'd like to just mention to anyone who might be wondering when the outdated Christmas pictures on themallicotes will be updated, that I will get around to it I promise. It's one of those things that takes a little extra time, and I still have to do all that on the old PC (for now) and that extra time isn't there just yet.

Comments

Popular Posts