Pimple

There is a really big pimple on my chin right now.
On the top of my head are several antennae-like grey hairs here and there among all the other hairs that are dark brown.

Tomorrow morning I head to Dallas with a vanful of colleagues for a business trip. I am not really excited about the drive or time in Dallas, but I look forward to the business experience. Don't tell me. I know. That sounds backwards. But it's the truth. When I think of Dallas I just think of cars and cars and more cars and concrete and big monstrous highway interchanges and the insanity of stimuli overload.

We head to Dallas a couple of times a year to see family. And we like living here. We think it's cool to live here, in Arkansas. There are a lot more trees. And hills. And fewer cars, comparatively, though still quite a lot. There are four seasons here! And you can actually hear the birds singing and see the stars at night.
But.
But there are ugly apartment complexes sprouting about. Why they can't build more interesting and more architecturally beautiful apartments I will never understand.
The apartment areas all look the same. Samethink. Massidea. Zerounique.

There is a pimple on my chin. And it's not like I can "take care" of it. It's not that kind of pimple. This one is attached to my jawbone.

I think I'll bring Daisy when I head to Dallas tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts