Grey Friday

I started to bum about today as early as yesterday afternoon because I knew I would not be able to take a day off work today. Kaye and I had hoped to take the day and head over to Eureka Springs and walk our butts off climbing the hilly streets and checking out shops and galleries, and taking pictures of the gorgeous fall leaves that are just now emblazoning the trees.... But, alas, I had way too much to do at work today and it just wasn't going to happen.

So we will go to Eureka Springs next week instead. Maybe more trees will have changed by then.

Last night at 8:30 p.m. I went to the grocery store and did the shopping for the next week. I really don't like shopping so late, when I am tired and would rather at home reading a book or working on some art project. But it beats shopping on a Friday afternoon, after work, or on Saturday. Saturdays are reserved for fun and relaxation.

Like this Saturday - tomorrow morning - the boys and I are getting up and leaving early to meet a friend of mine at the coffee/bakery before we then head over to an estate sale. Whoohoo, fun! Maybe I'll find a sewing table, and picture frames, and an old radio for the kitchen, and vintage fabrics, and and and...!

We may hit a couple of garage sales before we meet my friend S at 9 a.m. I love finding bargain books for the boys at garage sales.

Tonight I warmed up a frozen pizza for the kids' dinner. Then I made some frosting for the cupcakes I baked last weekend. (That's how it is for a working mother like myself - I bake cupcakes on a Sunday and get to the frosting on Friday evening.)
It's like I try to cram two days into one sometimes. Work all day at the office, then come home and live another day, another life!

Well, folks, I am going to shut this little box off now and have a nice quiet sit down with my new magazine, the premier issue of Everyday With Rachel Ray.

Comments

Popular Posts