Noting the Details... sort of.


Sometimes when I am very busy I notice the little details in life more easily.

Perhaps oddly, when I am busy, and don't have "time" to really reflect or think or ponder, well, it seems like I figure things out and have more ah-ha's, and often formulate big plans and ideas, and my hopes and dreams become bigger and feel more realistic.

When I am not so busy, I feel myself drawn inward. My thoughts are murky, I feel pouty, blue, selfish and critical.

And right now, it's been busy. Baseball games (two or three times a week,) work, PTO stuff, gardening, and of course the usual housekeeping stuff. And the Loving and Adoring of the family.

But here's the disclaimer: I am pooped at the end of the day!
Like right now. Too poopytired to write. Eventhough I was driving home from work this afternoon thinking, I am going to write about the little details.

Baseball was cancelled this afternoon. Wet fields. Due to the rain last night.
Detail: Before I picked up the boys from school this afternoon, I stopped in the Dickson Street Book Shop and bought a used copy of this book:

Recommended by J. Williams. Since I break so many writing rules, both in English and på svenska, I thought I could stand to get a little help.
Maybe I will pick up a writing style clue or two? Mmm. Hope so.

The picture of the blue bird eggs above was taken yesterday afternoon. It was taken by me, carefully holding the camera to the birdhouse opening and using a longish exposure. Five little eggs.

Comments

Popular Posts